Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bridal Shower Themes

I have few themes in mind for my bridal shower, which I will discuss with my future MOH.

First Bridal Theme: Tea Party Theme
Have an arrange an assortment of tea sandwiches and sweets on cake stands and pretty platters, and serve with pots of different kinds of tea. For place cards at the table, remove the tags from tea bags, replace them with small handwritten name tags, and put a tea bag in an empty cup at each guest’s place. Ask each guest to bring a vintage tea cup and saucer. I would also ask the guest to wear hats and pretty sundresses, so I know this would have to be a late summer or early fall. (Of course, I would add some achololic beverages.......I could only take some much "tea"...)

Second Bridal Theme: Beauty Shower **Definitely up my alley**
The bride and her bridesmaids escape to a day spa and indulge in facials, manicures, and massages and then lunch or dinner at a very nice resturant, depending on the time of day. This is a wonderful way to pamper the bride as her wedding approaches (but don’t schedule it the week before, as facials can cause unexpected reactions). Create invitations out of cards attached to linen hand towels or bottles of bath oil.

Third Bridal Shower Theme: Destination Shower
The shower itself can be the gift: In this case, the bride and her bridesmaids can spend a weekend together in a beach house, a downtown hotel, or a cabin by a lake.

Fourth Bridal Shower Theme: Wine Shower ~ Another DEFINITELY ME
Have every guest bring a bottle or two of wine to help build the couple’s wine cellar. Assign each guest a different grape or region to ensure variety. You can even turn the shower into a wine tasting; consider hiring an expert to conduct it.

No comments:

Post a Comment